all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Smooth scroll and hightlight mode
@ 2007-06-12  2:03 Michael Chen
From: Michael Chen @ 2007-06-12  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I am using emacs of unicode branch(emacs 23). In order to scroll
smoothly, I setup the following:
(setq scroll-step 1
      scroll-margin 3
      scroll-conservatively 10000)

Meanwhile I enable the highlight current line.
(global-hl-line-mode 1)

But it seems they conflict with each other after my testing. The
screen would jump when scrolling down if both are enabled. So I have
to disable highlight mode even though I think it is wonderful. Anyone
come across this problem? Any hacks?

Thanks a lot,

Ming

* Re: Smooth scroll and hightlight mode
@ 2007-06-12 18:48 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-06-12 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Michael Chen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 12.06.2007 um 04:03 schrieb Michael Chen:

> emacs 23

You should also send this bug report to the right address: Help menu -
 > Report Emacs bug!

Launch GNU Emacs 23 with the argument -Q and then evaluate your code
in *scratch* buffer – it should provoke the same effects. If not,
than it's some other code in your ~/.emacs or site-start.el file.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
         The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated
         than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere,
         bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.