all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs 22.1 only starts in terminal
@ 2007-06-11  8:29 flebber
From: flebber @ 2007-06-11  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I recently installed Emacs 22.1 from source on a PclinuxOs 2007
install. The install went well apparently without errors. However the
only way I can use  emacs is through  a konsole or xterm  session . I
also tried to make a menu entry for emacs in the menu editor (I am
using KDE) , I simply put the command entry as 'emacs' however this
fails to work at all. Will emacs only work as part of a terminal
session or is there something else I should do.  I am going to try it
on my Debian(Etch) install later.

Cheers

Flebber

PS works perfect as part of a terminal session.