all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Order of precedence for .el and .elc during load or require
@ 2007-05-31 21:48 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2007-05-31 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

High there again, Emacs power-users.

When I develop my Emacs I find it annoying that Emacs chooses the
compiled version (.elc) over the non-compiled version (.el) even if
the non-compiled version is newer than the compiled one.

Is there a way to change this behaviour, or are there any fundamental
drawback with my idea?

A good compromise would perhaps be to warn during load of, for
example, foo.elc when foo.el is newer (on the file-system).

/Nordlöw