all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: [MUSE] How to create this kind of table?
       [not found] <mailman.1477.1180722116.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-06-02  5:40 ` Sven Naumann
From: Sven Naumann @ 2007-06-02  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Enchanter <ensoul.magazine@gmail.com> writes:

> How to create this kind of table?
>
> +-------------+------------------+---------------------
> +-----------------------+
> |  foo        | foo               |   foo               |
> foo                   |
> +-------------+-------------------+--------------------
> +------------------------+
> | foo                              |
> foo                                        |
> +----------------------------------
> +----------------------------------------------+
> | foo          |    foo                                 |
> foo             |
> +--------------+----------------------------------------
> +------------------------+

M-x table-insert RET 4 RET 3 RET 18 RET RET

+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|                  |                  |                  |                  |
+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|                  |                  |                  |                  |
+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|                  |                  |                  |                  |
+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+

Goto border between cell: - A2 B2   M-x table-span-cell RET RET
                          - C2 D2   M-x table-span-cell RET RET
                          - B3 C3   M-x table-span-cell RET RET

+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|                  |                  |                  |                  |
+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|                                     |                                     |
+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|                  |                                     |                  |
+------------------+-------------------------------------+------------------+

Now you can fill the table with text:

+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|fo                |fo                |fo                |fo                |
+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|fo                                   |fo                                   |
+------------------+------------------+------------------+------------------+
|fo                |fo                                   |fo                |
+------------------+-------------------------------------+------------------+

Sven

* Re: [MUSE] How to create this kind of table?
@ 2007-06-02  7:11   ` Sven Naumann
From: Sven Naumann @ 2007-06-02  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sven Naumann <svenau@gmx.net> writes:

> Enchanter <ensoul.magazine@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> How to create this kind of table?

> M-x table-insert RET 4 RET 3 RET 18 RET RET

Oh, sorry, that was that was the answer to text-mode and not to MUSE.

Unfortunately, it looks like impossible to combine cells in MUSE:

,----[http://mwolson.org/projects/MuseQuickStart.html#sec14]

| Only very simple tables are supported. The syntax is:
|   Double bars  || Separate header fields
|
|   Single bars   | Separate body fields
|   Here are more | body fields
|
|   Triple bars ||| Separate footer fields

`----

Sven

* Re: How to create this kind of table?
@ 2007-06-02 11:54     ` Enchanter
From: Enchanter @ 2007-06-02 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am sorry to hear that. But anyway thanks for your help.

Do the author have any plan to improve the table function in MUSE?

* Re: How to create this kind of table?
@ 2007-07-04 17:13       ` Michael Olson
From: Michael Olson @ 2007-07-04 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs