all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* 23.0.0.1 and xft and undo-limit
@ 2007-05-16 12:27 ramestica
From: ramestica @ 2007-05-16 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have been trying this alpha flavor of emacs just for the sake of
serious xft fonts. So far so good, there are some hiccups but it is in
general pretty usable as it is now. And it looks great!

undo-limit is by default 20000, which is the same value as for the
stable 21.3.1 version. However, in 23.0.0.1 it happens to me that I
very often run out of undo history, which is something I have never
experienced under 21.3.1 or ever.

I could easily extend undo-limit and see, but does anybody understand
what's stealing my undo memory? the xft fonts?

thanks,

* Re: 23.0.0.1 and xft and undo-limit
@ 2007-05-16 22:15 ` poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2007-05-16 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

It seems to be emacs23 bug? have you updated to the newest cvs?

@ 2007-05-22 19:06   ` ramestica
From: ramestica @ 2007-05-22 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I took the head of emacs-unicode-2 something like 2 weeks ago. And I'm
not sure how active this branch is. But as you suggest I should try
this branch's head again.

Do you know of a any online resource for checking the activity of that
branch?

many thanks for the advise.

* Re: 23.0.0.1 and xft and undo-limit
@ 2007-06-09 22:39 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-06-09 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> undo-limit is by default 20000, which is the same value as for the
> stable 21.3.1 version. However, in 23.0.0.1 it happens to me that I
> very often run out of undo history, which is something I have never
> experienced under 21.3.1 or ever.

Please don't try to work around problems in development code.  Instead any
such problem should be reported via M-x report-emacs-bug so that it can be
fixed.  Thank you,