all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to Save a Font in Emacs
@ 2007-05-16 17:15 kvnsmnsn
From: kvnsmnsn @ 2007-05-16 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm currently using GNU Emacs for most of my editing, version 21.4.1
(x86_64-redhat-linux.gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars).  I can change
the font size by clicking on
<Options>-<Mule (Multilingual Environment>-<Set Font/Fontset> and then
select <Courier 10>.  But then when I exit and later open up another
Emacs session it reverts back to the default font and size.  This hap-
pens even if I click on <Options>-<Save Options>.  Does anyone know
how I can save the <Courier 10> font setting so I don't have to set my
session to that every time I enter the editor?  Any information on
this would be greatly appreciated.

                                ---Kevin Simonson

"You'll never get to heaven, or even to LA,
if you don't believe there's a way."
from _Why Not_