all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Find outermost containing sexp
@ 2007-05-02 11:31 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-05-02 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Help  [help-gnu-emacs]

In function calculate-lisp-indent:

      ;; Find outermost containing sexp
      (while (< (point) indent-point)
        (setq state (parse-partial-sexp (point) indent-point 0)))

Cn somebody give me an example where (setq ... is executed here more than once, please?

* Re: Find outermost containing sexp
       [not found] <mailman.85.1178105915.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-05-02 12:51 ` weber
From: weber @ 2007-05-02 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2 maio, 08:31, A Soare <alins...@voila.fr> wrote:
> In function calculate-lisp-indent:
>
>       ;; Find outermost containing sexp
>       (while (< (point) indent-point)
>         (setq state (parse-partial-sexp (point) indent-point 0)))
>
> Cn somebody give me an example where (setq ... is executed here more than once, please?

You mean this?

(while (< (point) indent-point)
 (progn
         (setq another-thing another-value)
         (setq state (parse-partial-sexp (point) indent-point 0))))

Cheers

* Re: Find outermost containing sexp
@ 2007-05-03  6:45 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2007-05-03  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Put `point' on an empty line between two top-level sexps say

(foo)

(bar)

and do `lisp-indent-line'.

* Re: Find outermost containing sexp
@ 2007-05-03 10:04 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-05-03 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: martin rudalics; +Cc: Emacs   Help  [help-gnu-emacs]

> Put `point' on an empty line between two top-level sexps say
>

> (foo)
>
> (bar)
>

> and do `lisp-indent-line'.

:)