all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* elisp to run a new shell and insert commands?
@ 2007-03-05 15:02 gredner
       [not found] ` <mailman.472.1173112709.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: gredner @ 2007-03-05 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I am writing a short elisp script to setup a workspace with a
particular configuration.  As part of the setup, I would like the
script to run a new shell (i.e. via M-x shell), and then insert a
command into the shell to setup some variables.  I feel like this
should be possible, but the documentation I have read does not mention
any such functionality.  Does it exist?

Thanks,
-Gabe