all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Planner-mode detectes MixedCase ?
@ 2007-02-14 13:07 weber
From: weber @ 2007-02-14 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello everyone!
I'm having a really hard time trying to switch from Org-mode to
planner...
One thing that I would really like is to have this behavior described
on Wiegley's Commentary:

"Between the milestones are the bigger pieces of your plan. Name these
pieces using MixedCase? words, and you'll notice that Emacs colors and
underlines them for you."

So, when inside a muse file, just typing a mixed case word would
create a link, even if that page doesn't exist yet?
Adding links to existing pages could be also done this way?

Thanks in advance,
weber

* Re: Planner-mode detectes MixedCase ?
@ 2007-02-14 13:12 ` Hadron
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4716.1171869910.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Hadron @ 2007-02-14 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"weber" <hugows@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello everyone!
> I'm having a really hard time trying to switch from Org-mode to
> planner...
> One thing that I would really like is to have this behavior described
> on Wiegley's Commentary:
>
> "Between the milestones are the bigger pieces of your plan. Name these
> pieces using MixedCase? words, and you'll notice that Emacs colors and
> underlines them for you."
>
> So, when inside a muse file, just typing a mixed case word would
> create a link, even if that page doesn't exist yet?
> Adding links to existing pages could be also done this way?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> weber

That functionality doesnt afaik work & I think the author corrected the
docs. Check out the planner mailing list:

https://gna.org/mail/?group=planner-el

I certainly raised it at some point.

* Re: Planner-mode detectes MixedCase ?
@ 2007-02-14 15:50 ` Jim Ottaway
From: Jim Ottaway @ 2007-02-14 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 14 Feb 2007, weber wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> I'm having a really hard time trying to switch from Org-mode to
> planner...
> One thing that I would really like is to have this behavior described
> on Wiegley's Commentary:
>
> "Between the milestones are the bigger pieces of your plan. Name these
> pieces using MixedCase? words, and you'll notice that Emacs colors and
> underlines them for you."

Muse doesn't do MixedCase links by default, but you can enable them by
adding

(require 'muse-wiki)

to your .emacs.

> So, when inside a muse file, just typing a mixed case word would
> create a link, even if that page doesn't exist yet?
> Adding links to existing pages could be also done this way?

To get this functionality, as well as requiring muse-wiki as above you
would need to add

(setq muse-wiki-allow-nonexistent-wikiword t)

or you could customize this variable with M-x customize-variable.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway

* Re: Planner-mode detectes MixedCase ?
@ 2007-02-14 21:52 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2007-02-14 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"weber" <hugows@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello everyone!
> I'm having a really hard time trying to switch from Org-mode to
> planner...
> One thing that I would really like is to have this behavior described
> on Wiegley's Commentary:
>
> "Between the milestones are the bigger pieces of your plan. Name these
> pieces using MixedCase? words, and you'll notice that Emacs colors and
> underlines them for you."
>
> So, when inside a muse file, just typing a mixed case word would
> create a link, even if that page doesn't exist yet?
> Adding links to existing pages could be also done this way?
>

>From memory, there is a "camel case" option in muse.el. If you set the variable
to turn this option on, then words like goHere will become a hyperlink to the
muse file goHere.muse. Is that the sort of thing you are after?

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: Planner-mode detectes MixedCase ?
@ 2007-02-15  0:58   ` weber
From: weber @ 2007-02-15  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 14 fev, 18:52, Tim X <t...@nospam.dev.null> wrote:
> "weber" <hug...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hello everyone!
> > I'm having a really hard time trying to switch from Org-mode to
> > planner...
> > One thing that I would really like is to have this behavior described
> > on Wiegley's Commentary:
>
> > "Between the milestones are the bigger pieces of your plan. Name these
> > pieces using MixedCase? words, and you'll notice that Emacs colors and
> > underlines them for you."
>
> > So, when inside a muse file, just typing a mixed case word would
> > create a link, even if that page doesn't exist yet?
> > Adding links to existing pages could be also done this way?
>
> From memory, there is a "camel case" option in muse.el. If you set the variable
> to turn this option on, then words like goHere will become a hyperlink to the
> muse file goHere.muse. Is that the sort of thing you are after?
>
> Tim
>
> --
> tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

Exactly!
I found it here:

Muse Implicit Link Functions: Show Value
   State: HIDDEN, invoke "Show" in the previous line to show.

A list of functions to handle an implicit link. <<
An implicit link is one that is not surrounded by brackets.

By default, Muse handles URLs only.
If you want to handle WikiWords, load muse-wiki.el.

Tks Tim

* Re: Planner-mode detectes MixedCase ?
@ 2007-02-18 23:42   ` John Sullivan
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4716.1171869910.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: John Sullivan @ 2007-02-18 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> "weber" <hugows@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello everyone!
>> I'm having a really hard time trying to switch from Org-mode to
>> planner...
>> One thing that I would really like is to have this behavior described
>> on Wiegley's Commentary:
>>
>> "Between the milestones are the bigger pieces of your plan. Name these
>> pieces using MixedCase? words, and you'll notice that Emacs colors and
>> underlines them for you."
>>
>> So, when inside a muse file, just typing a mixed case word would
>> create a link, even if that page doesn't exist yet?
>> Adding links to existing pages could be also done this way?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> weber
>>

> That functionality doesnt afaik work & I think the author corrected the
> docs. Check out the planner mailing list:
>
> https://gna.org/mail/?group=planner-el
>
> I certainly raised it at some point.

That's not true, it does work, as the other posters in this thread have pointed
out.

The Wiegley commentary is included for its statements about planning and for
historical interest. Many of the technical details about how to use
planner-mode itself are now out of date. For proper instructions, please refer
to the rest of the planner-el.info manual.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net

@ 2007-02-19 11:36     ` Hadron
       [not found]       ` <mailman.4769.1171916460.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Hadron @ 2007-02-19 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net> writes:

> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> "weber" <hugows@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello everyone!
>>> I'm having a really hard time trying to switch from Org-mode to
>>> planner...
>>> One thing that I would really like is to have this behavior described
>>> on Wiegley's Commentary:
>>>
>>> "Between the milestones are the bigger pieces of your plan. Name these
>>> pieces using MixedCase? words, and you'll notice that Emacs colors and
>>> underlines them for you."
>>>
>>> So, when inside a muse file, just typing a mixed case word would
>>> create a link, even if that page doesn't exist yet?
>>> Adding links to existing pages could be also done this way?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> weber
>>>

>> That functionality doesnt afaik work & I think the author corrected the
>> docs. Check out the planner mailing list:
>>
>> https://gna.org/mail/?group=planner-el
>>
>> I certainly raised it at some point.
>
> That's not true, it does work, as the other posters in this thread
> have pointed

As I said above : it does not work as documented (as posted in the OP)
and I raised it as a documentation bug. The documentation mentions this
as the default workings with no mention of having to configure it.

> out.
>
> The Wiegley commentary is included for its statements about planning and for
> historical interest. Many of the technical details about how to use
> planner-mode itself are now out of date. For proper instructions, please refer
> to the rest of the planner-el.info manual.

Exactly  : this caused the difficulties for the OP and myself. There was
no indication of this commentary not being valid.

* Re: Planner-mode detectes MixedCase ?
@ 2007-02-19 19:25       ` John Sullivan
       [not found]       ` <mailman.4769.1171916460.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: John Sullivan @ 2007-02-19 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net> writes:
>
>> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

>>> That functionality doesnt afaik work & I think the author corrected the
>>> docs. Check out the planner mailing list:
>>>
>>> https://gna.org/mail/?group=planner-el
>>>
>>> I certainly raised it at some point.
>>
>> That's not true, it does work, as the other posters in this thread
>> have pointed
>
> As I said above : it does not work as documented (as posted in the OP)
> and I raised it as a documentation bug. The documentation mentions this
> as the default workings with no mention of having to configure it.

You said, "That functionality doesnt afaik work". That is wrong. It does work
when the module is loaded. You are right that the documentation needs to be
updated to reflect that it is no longer the default.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer

@ 2007-02-20 15:25         ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-02-20 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net> writes:

> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net> writes:

>>> That's not true, it does work, as the other posters in this thread
>>> have pointed
>>
>> As I said above : it does not work as documented (as posted in the OP)
>> and I raised it as a documentation bug. The documentation mentions this
>> as the default workings with no mention of having to configure it.
>>

> You said, "That functionality doesnt afaik work". That is wrong. It does work
> when the module is loaded. You are right that the documentation needs to be
> updated to reflect that it is no longer the default.

It is not wrong. The document states that typing Mixed case results in
hyper links. It doesnt. You need to modify the configuration to get that
functionality working or "enabled". All words, but important ones.

* Re: Planner-mode detectes MixedCase ?
@ 2007-03-04 16:41           ` John Sullivan
From: John Sullivan @ 2007-03-04 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net> writes:
>
>> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

>>> As I said above : it does not work as documented (as posted in the OP)
>>> and I raised it as a documentation bug. The documentation mentions this
>>> as the default workings with no mention of having to configure it.
>>>

>> You said, "That functionality doesnt afaik work". That is wrong. It does work
>> when the module is loaded. You are right that the documentation needs to be
>> updated to reflect that it is no longer the default.
>
> It is not wrong. The document states that typing Mixed case results in
> hyper links. It doesnt. You need to modify the configuration to get that
> functionality working or "enabled". All words, but important ones.

Yes, it is an _option_. For it to work, you have to enable the _option_. If
that qualifies as "not working" then you have a very strange definition of the
idea. "Not working" means that even after enabling the option, typing mixed
case doesn't create links.