all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* (colortheme) What's the name of that element
@ 2007-02-07 20:28 weber
From: weber @ 2007-02-07 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello people.
I know it's quite a lame question to ask, but this is one of the rare
things I don't know how to find out in emacs... (or google)
I'm messing with color themes, and I haven't been able to change the
color of what I would call "margins": they are the vertical spaces
both at left and right edges (it's just a blank space, no text..). If
you have scroll bar on, it's just before it... you know what I'm
talking about! Help me! :)
Thanks in advance,
weber

(PS: Is there a function that returns me font-lock-comment-face when
i'm at a comment, font-lock-number-face when i'm at a number, etc... i
mean: a function that returns me syntactic info of the current
element ? Ps tks)

* Re: (colortheme) What's the name of that element
@ 2007-02-07 20:40 ` Chris McMahan
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Chris McMahan @ 2007-02-07 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

It's called the 'fringe'

- Chris

--
     (.   .)
  =ooO=(_)=Ooo=====================================

* Re: (colortheme) What's the name of that element
@ 2007-02-07 22:27 ` David Hansen
       [not found] ` <mailman.4158.1170887912.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: David Hansen @ 2007-02-07 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 7 Feb 2007 12:28:59 -0800 weber wrote:

> (PS: Is there a function that returns me font-lock-comment-face when
> i'm at a comment, font-lock-number-face when i'm at a number, etc... i
> mean: a function that returns me syntactic info of the current
> element ? Ps tks)

C-u x = tells you about the text properties of the character at
`point'.  Not sure though if that's what you want.

David

* Re: (colortheme) What's the name of that element
@ 2007-02-07 22:43 ` Jochem Huhmann
       [not found] ` <mailman.4158.1170887912.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jochem Huhmann @ 2007-02-07 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"weber" <hugows@gmail.com> writes:

> (PS: Is there a function that returns me font-lock-comment-face when
> i'm at a comment, font-lock-number-face when i'm at a number, etc... i
> mean: a function that returns me syntactic info of the current
> element ? Ps tks)

There has to be a function, since when you use customize-face it
defaults to the current face...

        Jochem

--
 "A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
 longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."

@ 2007-02-08  0:28   ` weber
From: weber @ 2007-02-08  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Feb 7, 8:27 pm, David Hansen <david.han...@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 7 Feb 2007 12:28:59 -0800 weber wrote:
>
> > (PS: Is there a function that returns me font-lock-comment-face when
> > i'm at a comment, font-lock-number-face when i'm at a number, etc... i
> > mean: a function that returns me syntactic info of the current
> > element ? Ps tks)
>
> C-u x = tells you about the text properties of the character at
> `point'.  Not sure though if that's what you want.
>
> David

YESSSSSSSSS it is! Thank you!

There are text properties here:
  auto-composed        t
  face                 font-lock-keyword-face
  fontified            t