all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Shortcut with CTRL-RET
@ 2007-01-24 15:57 Frederic Mayot
       [not found] ` <mailman.3527.1169658031.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Frederic Mayot @ 2007-01-24 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
I would like to have a very convenient shortcut which exists on VS.
When pressing CTRL-RET, it adds a new line (nothing special) but it
places the cursor one line up and then indent. An example (||
represents the cursor) :

the text before
||the text after

After typing CTRL-RET

the text before
the text after

Thanks for your help,
Fred

* Re: Shortcut with CTRL-RET
@ 2007-01-24 17:00 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.3527.1169658031.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-01-24 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederic Mayot; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 24.01.2007 um 16:57 schrieb Frederic Mayot:

> I would like to have a very convenient shortcut which exists on VS.
> When pressing CTRL-RET, it adds a new line (nothing special) but it
> places the cursor one line up and then indent. An example (||
> represents the cursor)

You could create a keyboard macro, save it, and then bind it to C-RET.

--
Greetings

   Pete

When in doubt, use brute force.
                             -- Ken Thompson

* Re: Shortcut with CTRL-RET
       [not found] ` <mailman.3527.1169658031.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-01-24 20:03   ` Frederic Mayot
From: Frederic Mayot @ 2007-01-24 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I added this to my .emacs. Works perfectly.
Thanks.

(fset 'retline
   [home return up tab])
(global-set-key [(control return)] 'retline)