all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Something like read-file-into-string needed
@ 2007-01-05 18:57 haws
       [not found] ` <mailman.2789.1168027612.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: haws @ 2007-01-05 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone!

I've been trying out the snippet.el package which lets you insert
templates nicely.
But now I have a "big" template (like 100 lines) that I don't want to
put inline in my lisp function.
Instead, I'd like to have it in a file, and read this file contents
into a string.
Once in a string, I could use the regular command, snippet-insert, to
insert my template.
I've found no way to do that (only to insert the file into a buffer,
which doesn't solve my problem.)

Any tips, ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

* Re: Something like read-file-into-string needed
@ 2007-01-05 20:06 ` Leo
       [not found] ` <mailman.2789.1168027612.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Leo @ 2007-01-05 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Haws (2007-01-05 10:57 -0800) said:
  ^^^^
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've been trying out the snippet.el package which lets you insert
> templates nicely.  But now I have a "big" template (like 100 lines)
> that I don't want to put inline in my lisp function.  Instead, I'd
> like to have it in a file, and read this file contents into a
> string.  Once in a string, I could use the regular command,
> snippet-insert, to insert my template.  I've found no way to do that
> (only to insert the file into a buffer, which doesn't solve my
> problem.)
>
> Any tips, ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Hugo