all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* commentting problem when coding in c
@ 2006-12-06 12:52 Ronald
From: Ronald @ 2006-12-06 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

For example:

for () {                       //comment a
        int i=0;               //comment b
}

but in emacs, I can't use tab to indent the comment, and the code will like:
for () {//comment a
        int i=0;//comment b
}

Howerver, C-q [tab] works, but it is not convenient. So does spaces.

Is there any more convenient way?

* Re: commentting problem when coding in c
@ 2006-12-06 13:03 ` Rud1ger Sch1erz
From: Rud1ger Sch1erz @ 2006-12-06 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ronald" <followait@163.com> writes:

> Is there any more convenient way?

You're looking for:

`M-;' (`indent-for-comment')

Lookup: Info -  ccmode  - Indentation Commands

Cheers,
Rudiger

* Re: commentting problem when coding in c
@ 2006-12-06 13:40   ` Ronald
From: Ronald @ 2006-12-06 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> You're looking for:
>
> `M-;' (`indent-for-comment')
> Lookup: Info -  ccmode  - Indentation Commands

I use:
setq c-tab-always-incdent nil

It's ok. I don't understand why it is not by default.

* Re: commentting problem when coding in c
@ 2006-12-11 13:42 ` Ken Goldman
From: Ken Goldman @ 2006-12-11 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ronald wrote:
> For example:
>
> for () {                       //comment a
>         int i=0;               //comment b
> }
>
> but in emacs, I can't use tab to indent the comment, and the code will like:
> for () {//comment a
>         int i=0;//comment b
> }
>
> Howerver, C-q [tab] works, but it is not convenient. So does spaces.
>
> Is there any more convenient way?

tab-always-indent's value is t

Documentation:
*Controls the operation of the TAB key.
If t, hitting TAB always just indents the current line.
If nil, hitting TAB indents the current line if point is at the left margin
   or in the line's indentation, otherwise it insert a `real' tab character.

What's strange is that, for me, the variable is t, but
I'm getting the nil behavior I think you want.

* Re: commentting problem when coding in c
@ 2006-12-11 14:56 ` Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2006-12-11 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ronald wrote:
> For example:
>
> for () {                       //comment a
>         int i=0;               //comment b
> }
>
> but in emacs, I can't use tab to indent the comment, and the code will like:
> for () {//comment a
>         int i=0;//comment b
> }
>
> Howerver, C-q [tab] works, but it is not convenient. So does spaces.

Another possibility is to use M-i rather than C-q TAB.