all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Compilation hangup
@ 2006-09-13 12:22 spamfilteraccount
From: spamfilteraccount @ 2006-09-13 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to define my own compilation command. It's an expect script
which works fine from the shell, it returns the exit status of the
compilation properly:

==============
#! /usr/bin/expect

spawn ssh <host>

exit $result

If I try to run the same script from M-x compile then it runs fine but
at the end emacs says:

   Compilation hangup at Wed Sep 13 14:12:28

and in the mode line:

   Compilation:signal [1]

So the result is always a failure with signal, instead of the exit
status returned by the script.

Why is that?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-09-13 12:22 UTC | newest]