all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to know what does a shortcut do? how to know the shortcut for a M-x command?
@ 2006-08-29  6:43 leo.hou
From: leo.hou @ 2006-08-29  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Emacsers,

I wonder how can I find a short-cut for a M-x command? I sometimes use
autocomplete feature to find a M-x command and I wonder if there is an
existing short-cut for that. How can I know?

Sometimes I accidentally used some shortcuts that I don't know, how to
find its command?

Thanks in advance

Leo

* Re: how to know what does a shortcut do? how to know the shortcut for a M-x command?
@ 2006-08-29  6:44 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2006-08-29  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

leo.hou@gmail.com writes:

> Hi Emacsers,
>
> I wonder how can I find a short-cut for a M-x command? I sometimes
> use autocomplete feature to find a M-x command and I wonder if there
> is an existing short-cut for that. How can I know?

It will usually get announced, anyway, but you can use C-h w explicitly.

> Sometimes I accidentally used some shortcuts that I don't know, how to
> find its command?

C-h k

* Re: how to know what does a shortcut do? how to know the shortcut for a M-x command?
@ 2006-08-30  2:34 ` 9ido
From: 9ido @ 2006-08-30  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maybe C-h b can help you better