all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Tabbed Mode
@ 2006-07-05 11:35 marijuanated
From: marijuanated @ 2006-07-05 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why emacs does not have a tabbed mode to view multiple buffers just
like emacs-w3m has?? This would make switching between the buffers more
easy. Just my $0.02

* Re: Tabbed Mode
@ 2006-07-05 15:52 ` rodrigo lazo
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: rodrigo lazo @ 2006-07-05 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 5 Jul 2006 04:35:02 -0700, marijuanated@gmail.com
<marijuanated@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why emacs does not have a tabbed mode to view multiple buffers just
> like emacs-w3m has?? This would make switching between the buffers more
> easy. Just my $0.02

elscreen ?

* Re: Tabbed Mode
@ 2006-07-05 16:34 ` Xiao-Yong Jin
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Xiao-Yong Jin @ 2006-07-05 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"marijuanated@gmail.com" <marijuanated@gmail.com> writes:

> Why emacs does not have a tabbed mode to view multiple buffers just
> like emacs-w3m has?? This would make switching between the buffers more
> easy. Just my $0.02

In my point of view, it's harder to move your hand to get the mouse.
On the other hand, tabbed mode doesn't help when you have several tens
of buffers.

--
Xiao-Yong

* Re: Tabbed Mode
@ 2006-07-05 17:02 ` Kevin Rodgers
       [not found] ` <mailman.3793.1152119054.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-07-05 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://emhacks.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/emhacks/emhacks/tabbar.el

--
Kevin

* Re: Tabbed Mode
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2006-07-06 13:22 ` Bucky Goldberg
       [not found] ` <mailman.3793.1152119054.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Bucky Goldberg @ 2006-07-06 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

marijuanated@gmail.com wrote:
> Why emacs does not have a tabbed mode to view multiple buffers just
> like emacs-w3m has?? This would make switching between the buffers more
> easy. Just my $0.02

While not exactly a tabbing interface, speedbar provides quick access
to multiple buffers - press 'b' and the directory/tag listing will be
replaced by a buffer list (at least this works in 22.0.50). This also
has the advantage of displaying the buffers list in a seperate frame.

* Re: Tabbed Mode
       [not found] ` <mailman.3793.1152119054.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-07-07  3:31   ` marijuanated
From: marijuanated @ 2006-07-07  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)