all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Key mapping goes crazy using 21.3 on XP
@ 2006-06-23 16:44 Roger.Vanderveen
       [not found] ` <mailman.3262.1151085002.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Roger.Vanderveen @ 2006-06-23 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using Emacs 2.31 on Windows XP SP2.  My key mapping goes crazy at
unpredictable times.  Ctrl-Y maps to Ctrl-Z, "(" maps to ")" and vice
versa, letters map to Latin-1, etc.

This may happen within a few minutes of use, or a couple of hours.
I've tried reinstalling, and running off different drives, with the
same results.  Any help appreciated.

-- Rog

* Re: Key mapping goes crazy using 21.3 on XP
@ 2006-06-23 17:49 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.3262.1151085002.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-06-23 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Roger.Vanderveen@gmail.com
> Date: 23 Jun 2006 09:44:33 -0700
>
> I'm using Emacs 2.31 on Windows XP SP2.  My key mapping goes crazy at
> unpredictable times.  Ctrl-Y maps to Ctrl-Z, "(" maps to ")" and vice
> versa, letters map to Latin-1, etc.

One possibility is that you have inadvertently typed Alt-LShift, which
switches the input language.  Look at the language indicator on the
task bar, near the system tray.

@ 2006-06-23 18:27   ` Roger.Vanderveen
From: Roger.Vanderveen @ 2006-06-23 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you VERY MUCH!  That's exactly what was happening, and it's been
driving me up the wall!

-- Rog