all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Add a new tool-bar item in emacs
@ 2006-06-09 15:29 hrmadhu
From: hrmadhu @ 2006-06-09 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello:,
    I'm using GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.5.0) of
2006-03-22 on G5.local from
http://homepage.mac.com/zenitani/emacs-e.html
    I'm trying to add a new button to the toolbar that will call
pdflatex when I hit it. The code I have so far is at the end of this
email.
    It displays the button with the appropriate icon on the toolbar,
but when I click the button all i see in the message window is
"tool-bar-". If I click it again, then the message buffer says "
<tool-bar> <tool-bar> is undefined."
    I believe this has something to do with the tool-bar-map, but I am
sure. I could use some help with this.
Thanks.
~Madhu.

---------------
code in .emacs:

(defun compile-if-latex-or-bibtex-file ()
  (interactive)
  (setq thefilename
	( file-name-sans-versions buffer-file-name) )
  (if (and (equal (file-name-extension thefilename) "tex")
(file-regular-p thefilename))
      (save-window-excursion
	(save-excursion
	  (shell-command (concat "pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode
-dEmbedAllFonts=true " thefilename " & ")) () ) ) )
  (if (and (equal (file-name-extension thefilename) ".bib")
(file-regular-p thefilename))
      (save-window-excursion
	(save-excursion
	  (shell-command (concat "bibtex " thefilename " & ")) () ) ))
)
(tool-bar-add-item  "texshop" '(compile-if-latex-or-bibtex-file)  nil
:help "Run pdflatex" )

* Re: Add a new tool-bar item in emacs
@ 2006-06-09 16:23 ` hrmadhu
       [not found] ` <mailman.2806.1149877968.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: hrmadhu @ 2006-06-09 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

(tool-bar-add-item  "texshop" 'compile-if-latex-or-bibtex-file
'compile-if-latex-or-bibtex-file :help "Run pdflatex" )

seems to work.
YMMV
~Madhu.

@ 2006-06-09 18:32 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.2806.1149877968.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-06-09 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs list

Am 09.06.2006 um 17:29 schrieb hrmadhu@gmail.com:

>     I'm trying to add a new button to the toolbar that will call
> pdflatex when I hit it.

Do you know AUCTeX? It's built into Carbon Emacs.

--
Greetings

   Pete

»¿ʇı̣ əsnqɐ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ ɟı̣
ɓuı̣ɥʇʎuɐ sı̣ pooɓ ʇɐɥʍ«

@ 2006-06-09 21:53   ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2006-06-09 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 09.06.2006 um 17:29 schrieb hrmadhu@gmail.com:
>
>>     I'm trying to add a new button to the toolbar that will call
>> pdflatex when I hit it.
>
> Do you know AUCTeX? It's built into Carbon Emacs.

No, it isn't.  It is built into the precompiled versions of Carbon
Emacs that are called Aquamacs and Yaced, though.

* Re: Add a new tool-bar item in emacs
@ 2006-06-09 23:13     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-06-09 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs list

Am 09.06.2006 um 23:53 schrieb David Kastrup:

>> Do you know AUCTeX? It's built into Carbon Emacs.
>
> No, it isn't.  It is built into the precompiled versions of Carbon
> Emacs that are called Aquamacs and Yaced, though.

I was thinking of the (Japanese) Carbon Emacs "Package" by Seiji
Zenitani et al. It hasn't been updated since March and the home page
is down, only this is still up: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/
unix_open_source/carbonemacspackage.html (there was also a version
for Panther, Mac OS X 10.3, and below by Ringo).

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete