all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* New documentstyles
@ 2006-06-02  3:28 Gene
From: Gene @ 2006-06-02  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I hqve not been able to create new classes when using texniccenter,
such as those for specific journal submissions. The journal provides a
.cls file and .clo files for download, but I cannot seem to put them
anywhere that Latex can find them.  Is there omething that I can do?
Gene McCall

* Re: New documentstyles
@ 2006-06-02  3:34 ` Gene
From: Gene @ 2006-06-02  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gene wrote:
> I hqve not been able to create new classes when using texniccenter for windows.
> such as those for specific journal submissions. The journal provides a
> .cls file and .clo files for download, but I cannot seem to put them
> anywhere that Latex can find them.  Is there something that I can do?
> Gene McCall

* Re: New documentstyles
@ 2006-06-02  8:34   ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2006-06-02  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Gene" <ghm@lanl.gov> writes:

> Gene wrote:
>> I hqve not been able to create new classes when using texniccenter
>> for windows.  such as those for specific journal submissions. The
>> journal provides a .cls file and .clo files for download, but I
>> cannot seem to put them anywhere that Latex can find them.  Is
>> there something that I can do?  Gene McCall

Use Emacs instead of TeXniccenter?  A precompiled developer version
for Emacs including AUCTeX (including preview-latex) can be downloaded
from <URL:ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu/auctex>.

* Re: New documentstyles
@ 2006-06-02 13:01 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-06-02 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 02.06.2006 um 05:28 schrieb Gene:

> I hqve not been able to create new classes when using texniccenter,
> such as those for specific journal submissions. The journal provides a
> .cls file and .clo files for download, but I cannot seem to put them
> anywhere that Latex can find them.  Is there omething that I can do?

You could read what your TeX distribution describes as the proper
places (paths) to install these files in and whether and how they
have to be put into hash files (via maketexlsr, texhash).

A second means could be to describe precisely what actually fails at
which step ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no national science just as there is no national
multiplication table; what is national is no longer science.
                                       -- Anton Checov