all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* uncomment-region problem in scheme mode
@ 2006-04-20 10:30 gento
From: gento @ 2006-04-20 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using
"GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2004-03-22 on cm-test"
and working on a scheme file "test.scm" which contains the lines

(display " hello 1" outport)
; (display " hello 2" outport)
(display " hello 3" outport)

If I run M-x comment-region on the above region I get

; (display " hello 1" outport)
; ; (display " hello 2" outport)
; (display " hello 3" outport)

The execution of  M-x uncomment-region on the above region yields

(display " hello 1" outport)
(display " hello 2" outport)
(display " hello 3" outport)

whereas I would like to have

(display " hello 1" outport)
; (display " hello 2" outport)
(display " hello 3" outport)

I think this behaviour is related to the emacs scheme mode, since it
doesn't occur with files with no extension.

I appreciate any help

* Re: uncomment-region problem in scheme mode
@ 2006-04-20 18:25 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2006-04-20 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> "GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2004-03-22 on cm-test"
> and working on a scheme file "test.scm" which contains the lines

> The execution of  M-x uncomment-region on the above region yields

> (display " hello 1" outport)
> (display " hello 2" outport)
> (display " hello 3" outport)

That'd be a bug, but for what it's worth, I can't reproduce it with
Emacs-CVS, so maybe I fixed it in the mean time,

* Re: uncomment-region problem in scheme mode
@ 2006-04-21 11:25   ` Rupert Swarbrick
From: Rupert Swarbrick @ 2006-04-21 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> "GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2004-03-22 on cm-test"
>> and working on a scheme file "test.scm" which contains the lines
>
>> The execution of  M-x uncomment-region on the above region yields
>
>> (display " hello 1" outport)
>> (display " hello 2" outport)
>> (display " hello 3" outport)
>
> That'd be a bug, but for what it's worth, I can't reproduce it with
> Emacs-CVS, so maybe I fixed it in the mean time,
>

>         Stefan

A stand-in solution would be kill-rectangle, which is normally bound to
C-x r k, so if the mode comments the lines literally as you posted (I
haven't ever used scheme) you could just lose the first 2 characters of
each or the lines.

Rupert