all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Lisp Reference Manual. Email from gnu.org
@ 2005-03-17 19:34 Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2005-03-17 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Below is a copy of an email that I sent to FSF regarding
the future of printed copies of the Lisp Reference Manual.
Tim,

It means there will probably be no new edition of the Lisp reference
manual to accompany emacs 22. You can check back in about 6 months, but
I doubt that will change.

Unfortunately, your best bet will be the electronic version.

Wynne

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 22:34, Tim Johnson wrote:

 >> Wynne:
 >> The emacs newsgroup seems to be wondering about the future
 >> of the Lisp reference manual.
 >>
 >>  When I called the FSF office, I was told that
 >> there was no longer any plans to continue publishing. Does this mean
that
 >> there will be a new edition with the release of emacs 22 or does
this mean
 >> that no edition at all willl be published?
 >>
 >> The question is relevant 'cuz many of us would be happy to wait 'til
edition
 >> 22 so as to provide the funds to you, but if no plans are afoot, would
 >> then print the
 >> electronic edition via our local UPS store or whatever.
 >>
 >>  :-)  some of us still like paper.
 >>
 >> Regards
 >> Tim Johnson
 >> Alaska Internet Solutions

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-03-17 19:34 UTC | newest]