all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "B.T. Raven" <ejmn@cpinternet.com>
Subject: Re: i18n search/replace with input methods latin-4-postfix and rfc1345
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:18:29 -0600	[thread overview]

Thanks again, monsieur Monnier. I posted a note about my problem to
gnu.emacs.bug. As a forlorn hope, I changed my encoding of .emacs from
emacs-mule to utf-8 but it didn't make any difference. A fresh latin-4
character is still different from the same one after it has been saved
and revisited.
Although I downloaded the entire suite of cygwin packages (including cvs
and stunnel) I know how to use only the shell tools (grep, sed, sort,
etc) but these things aren't unicode aware and I couldn't conveniently
input strange characters from the command line anyway (if for instance I
wanted make changes with sed by looking at the emacs buffer in one
window and the command line in a Dos Window.

Ed.