all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* add-menu-button: Xemacs to emacs
@ 2005-03-16  4:38 Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2005-03-16  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello:

I am in the process of transitioning from Xemacs to emacs.
I have code that uses the xemacs 'add-menu-button function.
Emacs does not recognize this function.

1)The simple question is:
    What is the corresponding emacs function to add a menu
     (and items) to the menubar
2)The larger question is:
    Is there a "checklist" of emacs/xemacs discrepancies?
3)When evaluating a call to 'add-menu-button is emacs/*scratch*
    I'm getting the following error message:
      "Autoloading failed to define function debug"
   It appears that a 'debug function needs to be defined in the
    emacs startup process. (debug on error is enabled)
   How may I enable this 'debug function?

Thanks
tim