all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Question about complete-symbol's key binding
@ 2006-02-11 13:03 wensa
       [not found] ` <mailman.0.1139685519.2858.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: wensa @ 2006-02-11 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a global key M-Tab binding to complete-symbol, and some local
key maps also use M-Tab as their local complete-symbol.

My question is if I change M-Tab in global map, do local key maps
change correspondingly?

* Re: Question about complete-symbol's key binding
@ 2006-02-11 19:07 ` François Gannaz
       [not found] ` <mailman.0.1139685519.2858.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: François Gannaz @ 2006-02-11 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le sam 11 fév 05:03, wensa a écrit :
> There is a global key M-Tab binding to complete-symbol, and some local
> key maps also use M-Tab as their local complete-symbol.
>
> My question is if I change M-Tab in global map, do local key maps
> change correspondingly?

No, each local map will still define M-tab.

Maybe what you're looking for is something like :
(define-key key-translation-map (kbd "<s-tab>") "\e\t")
This makes windows-tab equivalent to M-tab. So any change to the local
M-tab shortcut is also a change to windows-tab.

Hope it helps
--
François

@ 2006-02-12  4:31   ` wensa
From: wensa @ 2006-02-12  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for your help.

I used
(define-key key-translation-map (kbd "<M-/>") "\e\t")

I works just like writing java code in eclipse.

@ 2006-02-12  4:33   ` wensa