all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Can I get semantic summary manually?
@ 2005-12-23 16:28 c.c
From: c.c @ 2005-12-23 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

The semantic package provides the 'semantic-idle-summary-mode' to show
the summary info in imenu at idle time. Can I get these summaries
showed whenever i want?

thanks.

* Re: Can I get semantic summary manually?
@ 2006-01-03 14:30 ` Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2006-01-03 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> "c.c" <i.c.code@gmail.com> seems to think that:
>Hi,
>
>The semantic package provides the 'semantic-idle-summary-mode' to show
>the summary info in imenu at idle time. Can I get these summaries
>showed whenever i want?
>
>thanks.

The command `semantic-analyze-current-context' when run interactively
will display a bunch of info.

Here is an example on writing such a fcn I'll add into CVS sometime
later.  This does something similar to the idle summary, though it is
not the same.

Eric

----------

(defun semantic-ia-show-summary (point)
  "Display a summary for the symbol under POINT."
  (interactive "P")
  (let* ((ctxt (semantic-analyze-current-context point))
         (pf (reverse (oref ctxt prefix)))
         (sum nil)
        )
    (while (and pf (not sum))
      (if (semantic-tag-p (car pf))
          (setq sum (semantic-format-tag-summarize (car pf) nil t)))
      (setq pf (cdr pf)))
    (message "%s" sum)
    ))

--