all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Text Scrolling ?
@ 2005-11-17 15:26 Jeckob
From: Jeckob @ 2005-11-17 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
i have a problem with my customized emacs client. If i click in the
first four lines of my buffer, the text immediately scrolls up. But i
dont know how and where i have activated this setting. And studying the
Manual and Emacs help doesn't give me a clue....thanks in advance

* Re: Text Scrolling ?
@ 2005-11-17 15:36 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2005-11-17 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Jeckob@gmx.net (2005-11-17) writes:

> i have a problem with my customized emacs client. If i click in the
> first four lines of my buffer, the text immediately scrolls up. But i
> dont know how and where i have activated this setting. And studying the
> Manual and Emacs help doesn't give me a clue....thanks in advance

In <news:1131466947.183713.274670@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> and in
<news:1131450374.736080.290670@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> you
mentioned that you set `scroll-margin' to 4.

--
Ralf

* Re: Text Scrolling ?
@ 2005-11-17 15:49   ` Jeckob
From: Jeckob @ 2005-11-17 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yeah, thats right. But not for the mouse click, only when cursor gets
in region...? If i try another client where the margin is also set the
text doesn't scroll if i click in the region at top ?

* Re: Text Scrolling ?
@ 2005-11-17 15:57     ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2005-11-17 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Jeckob@gmx.net (2005-11-17) writes:

> Yeah, thats right. But not for the mouse click, only when cursor gets
> in region...?

When you click with the mouse, the cursor ("point" in Emacs-speak) is
put into that region and you told Emacs to keep point away from that
region, so the behavior sounds reasonable.

> If i try another client where the margin is also set the
> text doesn't scroll if i click in the region at top ?

But we are talking about Emacs, right?

BTW, don't do null quotes (the new mullets of Usenet courtesy of
Google).

--
Ralf

* Re: Text Scrolling ?
@ 2005-11-17 16:07       ` Jeckob
From: Jeckob @ 2005-11-17 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes,
my emacs with the problem is ver: GNU Emacs 21.4.1 and the other
client without that behaviour is GNU Emacs 21.3.1. Maybe the versions
are diffrent !