all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* latest CVS on OS X: mouse wheel no longer works?
@ 2005-11-02 17:38 fortepianissimo
From: fortepianissimo @ 2005-11-02 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

This started I think since a week or so ago on the CVS version of Emacs
running on OS X 10.4.3 (Emacs version 22.0.50).

When I scroll my mouse wheel now, instead of scrolling the content of
the window, I got a bunch of error messages in the status bar:

<wheel-up> is undefined
<wheel-down> is undefined
<double-wheel-up> is undefined
<triple-wheel-up> is undefined

Does anyone know how to work around this? (and what has changed?)

Thanks a lot!

* Re: latest CVS on OS X: mouse wheel no longer works?
@ 2005-11-03 16:10 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-11-03 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> This started I think since a week or so ago on the CVS version of Emacs
> running on OS X 10.4.3 (Emacs version 22.0.50).

> When I scroll my mouse wheel now, instead of scrolling the content of
> the window, I got a bunch of error messages in the status bar:

> <wheel-up> is undefined
> <wheel-down> is undefined
> <double-wheel-up> is undefined
> <triple-wheel-up> is undefined

> Does anyone know how to work around this? (and what has changed?)

When using software that's still being developed, looking for workarounds is
a *bad idea*.

* Re: latest CVS on OS X: mouse wheel no longer works?
@ 2005-11-03 18:16   ` fortepianissimo
From: fortepianissimo @ 2005-11-03 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good point - I'll keep my fingers crossed then.

* Re: latest CVS on OS X: mouse wheel no longer works?
@ 2005-11-04 18:50 ` albertosantini
From: albertosantini @ 2005-11-04 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now it's ok... 22.0.50.4.

lisp/mwheel.el has been fixed.

Regards,
Alberto Santini

* Re: latest CVS on OS X: mouse wheel no longer works?
@ 2005-11-04 19:40   ` fortepianissimo
From: fortepianissimo @ 2005-11-04 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes looks like it's now fixed - life is good again.

Thanks to the devs!

* Re: latest CVS on OS X: mouse wheel no longer works?
@ 2005-11-04 20:21   ` Sébastien Kirche
From: Sébastien Kirche @ 2005-11-04 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 19:11 on nov 4 2005, albertosantini said :

> Now it's ok... 22.0.50.4.
                         ^
Weird build number. How did you get it ?

> lisp/mwheel.el has been fixed.

Cool.

--
Sébastien Kirche

* Re: latest CVS on OS X: mouse wheel no longer works?
@ 2005-11-04 23:02     ` Alberto Santini
From: Alberto Santini @ 2005-11-04 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Forget it... my internal build .4... but I think 22.0.50 is ok.

Regards,
Alberto Santini

* Re: latest CVS on OS X: mouse wheel no longer works?
@ 2005-11-22 19:55     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-11-22 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > When using software that's still being developed, looking for
> > workarounds is a *bad idea*.

> Good point - I'll keep my fingers crossed then.

That also is a bad idea.  Instead, you should report the problem to the
authors so they can fix it before the release.  Try M-x report-emacs-bug, as
mentioned in the INSTALL.CVS file which you should read.