all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to customize pcl-cvs to ignore empry diretory.
@ 2005-10-18  8:36 Liang Wang
From: Liang Wang @ 2005-10-18  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From PCL-CVS info:
`Need-Update'
     Either a newer version than the one in your source is available in
     the repository and you have not modified your checked out version,
     or the file exists in the repository but not in your source.

But if I check out source code by using -P optioin, all empty
directories are marked as Need-Update when cvs-examine.

How can I hide those directories in *cvs* buffer?

* Re: how to customize pcl-cvs to ignore empry diretory.
@ 2005-10-21  4:37 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-10-21  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> From PCL-CVS info:
> `Need-Update'
>      Either a newer version than the one in your source is available in
>      the repository and you have not modified your checked out version,
>      or the file exists in the repository but not in your source.

> But if I check out source code by using -P option, all empty
> directories are marked as Need-Update when cvs-examine.

> How can I hide those directories in *cvs* buffer?

IIRC you can't.  Using cvs-update in place of cvs-examine will not suffer
from this problem, but of course it's not the same operation and you may not
want to cvs-update.  The problem is in the output of the CVS process which
makes it impossibly hard for PCL-CVS to figure out whether the directory
that CVS says needs update is actually a pruned directory or not.

Actually, now that I think about it again, I did add a trick to allow you to
solve this problem: add the offending directories to your .cvsignore file
(no glob pattern and with a terminating /).  Not sure whether it's in
Emacs-21.4 but it's definitely in Emacs-CVS.

* Re: how to customize pcl-cvs to ignore empry diretory.
@ 2005-10-24  8:14   ` Liang Wang
From: Liang Wang @ 2005-10-24  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use Emacs-CVS.  It works.
Thanks.