all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs with Gtk - monochrome toolbar icons
@ 2005-10-08 16:08 Klaus Falb
From: Klaus Falb @ 2005-10-08 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've downloaded and compiled Emacs from CVS with the GTK toolkit.
Everything works fine, but the toolbar icons are monochrome. Can I tweak
Emacs to use the standard GTK icons in the toolbar?

Klaus Falb

* Re: Emacs with Gtk - monochrome toolbar icons
       [not found] <mailman.10456.1128787713.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-10-08 18:21 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2005-10-08 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus Falb <klaus.falb@aon.at> writes:

> I've downloaded and compiled Emacs from CVS with the GTK toolkit.
> Everything works fine, but the toolbar icons are monochrome. Can I tweak
> Emacs to use the standard GTK icons in the toolbar?

You'll need to install the xpm headers and library, then reconfigure
and recompile Emacs with xpm support.

* Re: Emacs with Gtk - monochrome toolbar icons
@ 2005-10-08 21:10 ` James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2005-10-08 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus> I've downloaded and compiled Emacs from CVS with the GTK
Klaus> toolkit.  Everything works fine, but the toolbar icons are
Klaus> monochrome.

Sounds like you passed the --without-toolkit-scroll-bars option to
configure.  (Or perhaps that is the default?)

Klaus> Can I tweak Emacs to use the standard GTK icons in the toolbar?

Use --with-toolkit-scroll-bars on the configure line.

(But run ./configure --help to be sure I spelled it correctly.)

NB the gtk bars do not give the same functionality as emacs' native
   bars (which are based on the Athena Widgits' bars' functionality)
   but instead work like the bars in any other gtk app.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos@jhcloos.com>