all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* find-tag MAX_DRIVES goes to "int max_drives = MAX_DRIVES"
@ 2005-10-06 16:42 enrio
From: enrio @ 2005-10-06 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I tell emacs/etags that the C language is case sensitive, that
max_drives and MAX_DRIVES are two different identifiers?

Just in case, is this (case insensitivity) the root of the problem?

Regards,
Enrique

* Re: find-tag MAX_DRIVES goes to "int max_drives = MAX_DRIVES"
@ 2005-10-06 17:59 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-10-06 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h v tags-case-fold-search RET ]

`----

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: find-tag MAX_DRIVES goes to "int max_drives = MAX_DRIVES"
@ 2005-10-07  1:23   ` Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2005-10-07  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Enrique> How do I tell emacs/etags that the C language is case
Enrique> sensitive, that max_drives and MAX_DRIVES are two different
Enrique> identifiers?  Just in case, is this (case insensitivity) the
Enrique> root of the problem?

Kevin> tags-case-fold-search's value is default
Kevin> |
Kevin> Documentation: *Whether tags operations should be case-sensitive.
Kevin> A value of t means case-insensitive, a value of nil means
Kevin> case-sensitive.  Any other value means use the setting of
Kevin> `case-fold-search'.
Kevin> |
Kevin> You can customize this variable.
Kevin> |
Kevin> Defined in `etags'.

To answer his last question with confidence, we'd have to see how
MAX_DRIVES is defined and if there's a tag for the definition.  Right?

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)