all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* comment-region and EOF
@ 2005-09-19 15:41 jgphpc
From: jgphpc @ 2005-09-19 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Uncommenting region is not doing as expected : my version is GNU emacs
= 21.3.1.

----------CUT HERE-----------
cat > out << EOF
 &control
 calculation = a
EOF

echo coucou
----------CUT HERE-----------

I want to comment this section of shell-script code : I select my
region and M-x comment-region, result is ok :

----------CUT HERE-----------
#cat > out << EOF
# &control
# calculation = a
#EOF
#
#echo coucou
----------CUT HERE-----------

My problem is that emacs can not uncomment this section because of the
"&control" line : I select my region and C-u-M-x comment-region, result
is KO :
cat > out << EOF
# &control
 calculation = a
EOF

echo coucou

Give it a try, and help me please ?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-09-19 15:41 UTC | newest]