all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ttf can't work on GNU Emacs(X-window)?
@ 2005-09-08  5:46 Richie
       [not found] ` <mailman.6262.1126170654.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Richie @ 2005-09-08  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

I have this problem for a long time. I want to use andale mono ttf font
in Emacs, but I don't know how to do in order to let emacs know this
font exists. When I put the andale mono font file into the
/usr/share/fonts/blahblah, other software can recognize it ( the reason
is that they support gtk2?). However, my favourite editor don't accept
it no matter where I set it(in .Xdefaults or .emacs). From some web, I
know emacs(xwindow) can only use the fonts which the "xlsfonts" command
shows. So my question now is how to let xlsfonts accept the ttf fonts.

Now I only use emacs -nw, for I can set the term font to andale,-.-.