all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs eshell .bat "warning: extra args ignored"
@ 2005-08-18  7:38 zslist
       [not found] ` <mailman.4159.1124357923.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: zslist @ 2005-08-18  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

i tried to run a windows command under eshell.

c:/temp $ a.bat -server 1
warning: extra args ignored after '-server'

c:/temp $ b.bat server
warning: extra args ignored after 'a.bat'

My question is how to pass arguments to regular windows command batch
file?

thanks.

-zs

* Re: emacs eshell .bat "warning: extra args ignored"
@ 2005-08-18  9:01 ` Lennart Borgman
       [not found] ` <mailman.4159.1124357923.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-08-18  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Seems like a bug too me.

@ 2005-08-18 19:57   ` zslist
From: zslist @ 2005-08-18 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

doing a bit more digging showed that eshell just pass this to
'cmdproxy' to start a process. However, cmdproxy seems to have a
restriction on multiple arguments.

So anyone has some workaround on this?

* Re: emacs eshell .bat "warning: extra args ignored"
@ 2005-08-19  8:12     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-08-19  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: zslist@gmail.com
> Date: 18 Aug 2005 12:57:05 -0700
>
> doing a bit more digging showed that eshell just pass this to
> 'cmdproxy' to start a process. However, cmdproxy seems to have a
> restriction on multiple arguments.
>
> So anyone has some workaround on this?

Try the obvious one:

  cmd /c "foo.bat arg1 arg2 arg3"