all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* one text in two windows (column mode ???)
@ 2005-08-16 10:31 sascha.brechenmacher
From: sascha.brechenmacher @ 2005-08-16 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

let me explain what I want to have ;-)
I want to open my code in one window (c-x c-f code.pl) than
I want to open a new window (c-x 3) and the rest of the code
from the first window should flew in the second one.

Hope somebody could help me.

cheers,
Sascha

* Re: one text in two windows (column mode ???)
@ 2005-08-16 11:08 ` George Nurser
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: George Nurser @ 2005-08-16 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 16 Aug 2005, at 11:31, sascha.brechenmacher@web.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> let me explain what I want to have ;-)
> I want to open my code in one window (c-x c-f code.pl) than
> I want to open a new window (c-x 3) and the rest of the code
> from the first window should flew in the second one.

then do M-x follow-mode

if you want o get rid of it, toggle by doing M-x follow-mode again.

George Nurser.

* Re: one text in two windows (column mode ???)
@ 2005-08-16 11:09 ` Lennart Borgman
       [not found] ` <mailman.3913.1124191786.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-08-16 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

sascha.brechenmacher@web.de wrote:

>Hi,
>
>let me explain what I want to have ;-)
>I want to open my code in one window (c-x c-f code.pl) than
>I want to open a new window (c-x 3) and the rest of the code
>from the first window should flew in the second one.
>
>Hope somebody could help me.

follow-mode

* Re: one text in two windows (column mode ???)
@ 2005-08-16 11:22 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.3913.1124191786.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-08-16 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 16.08.2005 um 12:31 schrieb sascha.brechenmacher@web.de:

> I want to open my code in one window (c-x c-f code.pl) than
> I want to open a new window (c-x 3) and the rest of the code
> from the first window should flew in the second one.

It's easier to type C-x 2 in the window with code.pl. At once you'll
have the same file in two different buffers. You can scroll in them
independently, look at them in different modes (?), but any edit will
be seen in both buffers.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Die Zeit wird kommen, da unsere Nachkommen sich wundern werden, wie wir
so wunderbare Dinge einfach gewusst haben konnten. (Ein Optimist nach
Lucius Annæus Seneca)

@ 2005-08-16 12:06   ` sascha.brechenmacher
From: sascha.brechenmacher @ 2005-08-16 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

thanx.