all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* returning to 21.3 version of C-x C-f RET
@ 2005-04-19 21:06 araucaria.araucana
From: araucaria.araucana @ 2005-04-19 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

In Emacs 21.3, C-x C-f RET had the effect of reverting the buffer (and
saving the current point).

In Emacs 22.0.50, it now runs dired on the current directory.

I already know about "C-x C-f M-n RET" and "C-x C-v RET", but the
friend who asked me this does not want to relearn keystrokes after 10+
years.  For now I've snarfed the 21.3 lisp for find-file.  Is there a
better way to revert to the 21.3 behavior, say by using defadvice on
find-file-read-args?