all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* contents of user-emacs-directory?
@ 2013-06-12 21:39 kevinbanjo
From: kevinbanjo @ 2013-06-12 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm trying to use org-mode on xemacs and when I try several commands it tells me user-emacs-directory's symbol value as a variable is void.  Xemacs appears not to have one and no one on any IRC room seems to be able to answer me what exactly is supposed to go in there and/or what is the xemacs equivalent.

Can someone here help?

Thanks,
-Kevin

* Re: contents of user-emacs-directory?
@ 2013-06-13  9:40 ` Nicolas Richard
       [not found]   ` <CAOHcZqMrq4jwDgXCEvSPJ=3oPt1K9hfLLS1Lk9D6EszkhVh2+w@mail.gmail.com>
From: Nicolas Richard @ 2013-06-13  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kevinbanjo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

kevinbanjo@gmail.com writes:

> I'm trying to use org-mode on xemacs and when I try several commands
> it tells me user-emacs-directory's symbol value as a variable is void.
> Xemacs appears not to have one and no one on any IRC room seems to be
> able to answer me what exactly is supposed to go in there and/or what
> is the xemacs equivalent.

In org-compat.el, there is the following snippet :

(when (and (not (boundp 'user-emacs-directory))
	     (boundp 'user-init-directory))
    (org-defvaralias 'user-emacs-directory 'user-init-directory))

which is supposed to take care of that problem. Isn't
user-init-directory bound ?

I'm not a xemacs user and won't be able to help further, but maybe the
version of org and xemacs you are using can be useful.

--
Nicolas.

@ 2013-06-13 14:55     ` Nicolas Richard
From: Nicolas Richard @ 2013-06-13 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kevinbanjo, help-gnu-emacs

Please keep the mailing list among recipients, especially since I'm not able to help as I mentionned it

> > Isn't user-init-directory bound ?

> yes, to ~/.xemacs

I have no idea why it doesn't work.

--

@ 2013-06-13 15:11 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-06-13 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I'm trying to use org-mode on xemacs and when I try several commands it

Easy to fix: use it on Emacs ;-)