all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using gdb in emacs 21 on Mac OS X 10.1.5
@ 2004-08-27 13:25 Peter Ilberg
From: Peter Ilberg @ 2004-08-27 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

When I run M-x gdb in emacs 20.7 (the one shipped by Apple) I get a gdb
subprocess buffer on top, and a source buffer with ==> indicating the
current line below.

How do I set this up in emacs 21 (CVS version, carbon)? I get the gdb
subprocess buffer but not the source buffer. Instead emacs displays the
current line directly before the prompt in the gdb buffer. Is this
intended? I also played with some of the gdb-* variables mentioned in
the manual but to no avail.

I'm starting gdb with M-x gdb. I've tried M-x gdba but that doesn't work
at all: I get the gdb subprocess buffer but no matter what I type I don't
get any response from gdb. Changing process-connection-type didn't help.
(although I had to change it to get M-x gdb to work reliably in CVS emacs,
somehow Apple's version doesn't seem to suffer from the pty bug...)

Also, running gdb with or without --annotate=3 didn't change anything
except for all the annotations cluttering my gdb buffer.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

* Re: Using gdb in emacs 21 on Mac OS X 10.1.5
@ 2004-08-27 16:20 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2004-08-27 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How do I set this up in emacs 21 (CVS version, carbon)? I get the gdb

This is the wrong place for discussing CVS-version problems.
Read the INSTALL.CVS file to see where to send your question.