all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Unable to send give input to lisp, hassle in non-fundamental modes
@ 2005-10-21 10:03 nick
       [not found] ` <mailman.12109.1129901015.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: nick @ 2005-10-21 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm configuring emacs for the first time and am not sure what I'm doing
wrong...

I've got GNU Emacs 21.3.50, Common Lisp (OpenMCL), and Haskell (Hugs98)
running on OS X 10.3.9. I can open an emacs *shell* window and run
haskell or lisp, no problem, but as soon as I switch to "lisp-mode" or
"haskell-mode" <RET> no longer sends input to the haskell or the lisp,
even at the end of the buffer (the 'font-lock and indentation, etc work
fine), even after switching back to fundamental mode.

"M-x run-lisp" and "M-x run-haskell" both behave the same way. This
behavior is the same if I'm in lisp, haskel or any interactive shell.

Thanks for your time

Nick