all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Making emacsclient expose the Emacs window
@ 2004-04-20  7:10 László Monda
From: László Monda @ 2004-04-20  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Emacs folks,

I think my question in the subject is pretty straightforward and needs no
further explanation. Someone has asked the same thing around 1993 and got a
really ugly hack (which I haven't tried yet).

-> http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg.php3?msg_id=1925770&list=339

Anyone knows a more standard way to make it work?

--
Laci

* Re: Making emacsclient expose the Emacs window
@ 2004-05-04  5:01 ` Cristian Gutierrez
From: Cristian Gutierrez @ 2004-05-04  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

László Monda wrote:
> Dear Emacs folks,
>
> I think my question in the subject is pretty straightforward and needs
> no further explanation. Someone has asked the same thing around 1993
> and got a really ugly hack (which I haven't tried yet).
>
> -> http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg.php3?msg_id=1925770&list=339
>
> Anyone knows a more standard way to make it work?

Check EmacsWiki, in particular "Reusing Frames And Popping The Frame To
The Foreground" at http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GnuClient. I
think it may apply to emacsclient.

Cheers,

--
Cristian Gutierrez			http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier
crgutier[@]dcc.uchile.cl                        Jabber:crgutier@jabber.org

How many developers does it take to change a light bulb?
      The light bulb works fine on the system in my office . . .