all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs and openmcl
@ 2003-11-03 22:09 Johannes Quint
From: Johannes Quint @ 2003-11-03 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

again a newbie question:
working with openmcl and emacs, how can i use the emacs-lisp functions
in openmcl?

thanks j.quint

* Re: emacs and openmcl
       [not found] <mailman.3060.1067897390.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-11-03 23:38 ` Edi Weitz
From: Edi Weitz @ 2003-11-03 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:09:17 +0100, Johannes Quint <johannes.quint@web.de> wrote:

> working with openmcl and emacs, how can i use the emacs-lisp
> functions in openmcl?

You can't. Emacs Lisp and Common Lisp are different Lisp dialects.

However, you can use Emacs as an IDE for OpenMCL (and other Common
Lisp implementations). See

  <http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/emacs-ide.html>

Edi.

* Re: emacs and openmcl
@ 2003-11-04  0:02   ` Dan Anderson
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-11-04  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I'm pretty sure there's an emacs lisp package to allow you to run common
lisp programs.  Basically passes the lisp function arguments to C, which
passes it to CL.  I wonder if it's bidirectional or if you could rig
something up.

-Dan

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 18:38, Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:09:17 +0100, Johannes Quint <johannes.quint@web.de> wrote:
>
> > working with openmcl and emacs, how can i use the emacs-lisp
> > functions in openmcl?
>
> You can't. Emacs Lisp and Common Lisp are different Lisp dialects.
>
> However, you can use Emacs as an IDE for OpenMCL (and other Common
> Lisp implementations). See
>
>   <http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/emacs-ide.html>
>
> Edi.

* Re: emacs and openmcl
@ 2003-11-04  9:16     ` Edi Weitz
From: Edi Weitz @ 2003-11-04  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:02:31 -0500, Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure there's an emacs lisp package to allow you to run
> common lisp programs.  Basically passes the lisp function arguments
> to C, which passes it to CL.  I wonder if it's bidirectional or if
> you could rig something up.

I wonder why you sent this to me. First, I already answered the OP's
question. Second, I have a "Mail-Copies-To: never" header in my
postings. If your Usenet client is not able to adher to this header,
I'd suggest switching to one that can, like Gnus.

Edi

--
Dr. Edmund Weitz
Hamburg

* Re: emacs and openmcl
@ 2003-11-04 17:24       ` Dan Anderson
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-11-04 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

My apologies.  I just hit "Reply" under Evolution.  I may accidentally
have hit Reply-All.

-Dan