Phil Sainty wrote: > I had grepped for "english" and then for "american" and "US" within > those results, and didn't turn up any instructions to this end. $ grep -ri 'american spell' $(git ls-files) ChangeLog.2: Rename using American spelling. Update all uses. doc/lispref/ChangeLog.1: Prefer typical American spelling for "acknowledgment". doc/misc/ChangeLog.1: Prefer typical American spelling for "acknowledgment". lisp/ChangeLog.16: Prefer typical American spelling for "acknowledgment". lisp/ChangeLog.16: Emacs uses American spelling. lisp/gnus/ChangeLog.3: Use American spelling for 'normalize' > Is there such a recommendation in the documentation that I missed, > though? If not, it sounds like it would be a good thing to add > somewhere. Sure, why not? I installed the attached.