all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* edebug question - context of calling function
@ 2003-10-15  7:18 David Vanderschel
       [not found] ` <mailman.1841.1066353965.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: David Vanderschel @ 2003-10-15  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I sometimes put a source breakpoint in my code to
catch a particular error condition.  When such a
conditional breakpoint fires, the actual problem,
though recognized in the called function, is often
attributable to the calling function.  What I want to
do then is to look around at the state of the calling
function at the time it called the function which
invoked edebug.  I can instrument the calling
function; but, when in the debugger, I cannot see how
to pop the context stack so that I can look around at
the variables in the calling program.  What am I
missing?

Thanks,
  David V.