all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* `dired-do-search' not resuming search
@ 2015-09-14  8:26 Rafał Kowalski
From: Rafał Kowalski @ 2015-09-14  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've been using the `dired-do-search' for a long time to find regexp
matches in marked files in a directory.  If there were more matches, you
could resume the search and find the next match with `M-,' but it
stopped working for me somewhere around the 24.4 or 24.5 release.
Currently I'm on 25.0.50.2 and when I do `M-,' after the first match is
found, I'm getting `xref-pop-marker-stack: Marker stack is empty'.

Can somebody help me fix it?  Thanks.

cheers
--
-rafał

If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.
           -- Woody Allen

* RE: `dired-do-search' not resuming search
@ 2015-09-14 13:37 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2015-09-14 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rafal.kowalski, help-gnu-emacs

> I've been using the `dired-do-search' for a long time to find regexp
> matches in marked files in a directory.  If there were more matches, you
> could resume the search and find the next match with `M-,' but it
> stopped working for me somewhere around the 24.4 or 24.5 release.
> Currently I'm on 25.0.50.2 and when I do `M-,' after the first match is
> found, I'm getting `xref-pop-marker-stack: Marker stack is empty'.
>
> Can somebody help me fix it?  Thanks.

If you see the same behavior when starting Emacs using
`emacs -Q' (no init file), consider reporting the problem:
`M-x report-emacs-bug'.

* Re: `dired-do-search' not resuming search
@ 2015-09-14 14:16   ` Rafał Kowalski
From: Rafał Kowalski @ 2015-09-14 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

-> Drew Adams writes:

>> I've been using the `dired-do-search' for a long time to find regexp
>> matches in marked files in a directory.  If there were more matches, you
>> could resume the search and find the next match with `M-,' but it
>> stopped working for me somewhere around the 24.4 or 24.5 release.
>> Currently I'm on 25.0.50.2 and when I do `M-,' after the first match is
>> found, I'm getting `xref-pop-marker-stack: Marker stack is empty'.
>>
>> Can somebody help me fix it?  Thanks.

> If you see the same behavior when starting Emacs using
> `emacs -Q' (no init file), consider reporting the problem:
> `M-x report-emacs-bug'.

Yes, see the same behavior with `emacs -Q'.  I'll file a bug report
then.  Thanks.

--
-rafał