all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem with Copy Paste Behavior
@ 2005-11-25 15:56 wanglichunpost
From: wanglichunpost @ 2005-11-25 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,
 I'm using Emacs 21.4.1 on Debian
After using C-w or M-w,I find myself unable to use the copying/pasting
features with other apps. After i copied some text in other apps,click
the middle button of the mouse in emacs,it always paste the content of
the kill-ring,just the very text C-w or M-w done.
I could not figure out yet if or how I could configure the behavior
wanted. Any hints would be appreciated.

Regards,

* Re: Problem with Copy Paste Behavior
@ 2005-11-25 18:06 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-11-25 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 25.11.2005 um 16:56 schrieb wanglichunpost@gmail.com:

> After using C-w or M-w,I find myself unable to use the copying/pasting
> features with other apps.

Can you bind the keys to clipboard-kill-ring-save and clipboard-yank?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind."
D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9