all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* window size
@ 2010-01-25 20:38 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-01-25 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have

Emacs.geometry: fullheight

in my ~/.Xresources

which used to make initial window from top to bottom of my screen.  Did
something change that this no longer works?

* Re: window size
@ 2010-01-25 21:08 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2010-01-25 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 25.01.2010 um 21:38 schrieb Sean Sieger:

> Did something change that this no longer works?

I don't know, but it should be documented in the NEWS or in *info*...

--
Greetings

   Pete

No matter which way you ride, it's uphill and against the wind.
				– First Law of Bicycling

* Re: window size
@ 2010-01-25 21:23   ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-01-25 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    I don't know, but it should be documented in the NEWS or in *info*...

Thank you for reminding me to read NEWS.  I had gone over the
.Xresources section of the manual and didn't realize inhibit-x-resources
is new; however, I hadn't set it to non-nil.

I'm also not sure whether it's a Ubuntu 9.10 thing or Emacs as I both
pulled and rebuilt from bzr and updated my system today.  Oof.

* Re: window size
@ 2010-01-25 22:06     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2010-01-25 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 25.01.2010 um 22:23 schrieb Sean Sieger:

> I had gone over the
> .Xresources section of the manual and didn't realize inhibit-x-
> resources
> is new; however, I hadn't set it to non-nil.
>
> I'm also not sure whether it's a Ubuntu 9.10 thing or Emacs as I both
> pulled and rebuilt from bzr and updated my system today.

Must be Ubuntu. On Mac OS X the variable's value is nil.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows, is like saying that all other restaurants serve food that
is inferior to McDonald's.

* Re: window size
@ 2010-01-26 15:01 ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2010-01-26 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Lookin' like a bug maybe:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-01/msg01244.html

* Re: window size
@ 2010-01-26 19:06   ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2010-01-26 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 26.01.2010 um 16:01 schrieb Sean Sieger:

> Lookin' like a bug maybe:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-01/msg01244.html

Yes, such things do happen... (twice a year?)

--
Greetings

   Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
				– Douglas Adams