all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacsclient with emacs-23.0.60
@ 2007-10-28  9:43 Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2007-10-28  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

i have my $EDITOR set to emacsclient (in a script) and i am using
emacs-23.0.60-unicode.

I have a problem with emacsclient:

when i start emacsclient from a terminal , no problem it tell me i have
to do C-x # when done: thats normal.
when i launch emacsclient from an external program (python tk) it open
the file wanted but differently:
emacs say: buffer 'my_file' still as clients; kill it ? (y or n)

if i say yes,
it kill the buffer but the windows stay here and it's not
an external windows of my emacs session, it seem to be a clone of my
emacs session: if i do C-x 5 0 in my emacs session (the original one,
where emacs server is launched) it kill this session.

if i say no,
i can edit my file, save it but i can't quit this windows without
killing all my emacs (i am not prompted to C-x #)
With emacs23.0.50 (non unicode) on another machine and with emacsclient
launched from the same program (a python agenda/planner) emacsclient
works normally with C-x # to finish emacsclient

So the problem is when i start emacsclient from an external program and
after i want to finish it, it kill the emacs session where the server
have been launched.

It seem to do that only with graphic programs:
when i call emacs client with mutt for example it work normally.

If some body have an idea ? or the same problem ?

Thank you

--
A + Thierry
pubkey: http://pgp.mit.edu/