all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Remote editing Window Hangs
@ 2006-05-04 17:26 Rajmohan Harindranath
From: Rajmohan Harindranath @ 2006-05-04 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I tried configuring the emacs for remote editing for one of my friends,
but it failed big time.
Can any one help me out?

The issue is as follows -
*background*
--I do *not* have a .emacs file at all.
--I work on a UNIX m/c. Forgot the command to see whether HP or Solaris.

--The version of emacs is 20.2.1.

*Issue*
--I tried remote editing a file, using emacs. The command that I used
was -
$ emacs &
>C-x C-f /rajmohan@aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:/_full_path/_file_name
It then asked for the password, which I duly provided.
After that emacs just hangs. have to kill it afterwards.
I tried a wrong password also, then also it got hung.

Please help.

Regards,
Rajmohan H

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-05-04 17:26 UTC | newest]