On Feb 5, 2019, at 10:53, Bhavin Gandhi wrote: > >> I've looked at python-indent--calculate-indentation in python.el and >> AFAICT, there's no way to customize this behavior. Thus, python.el >> violates PEP 8. > > Just trying to understand this. The Python code one will type with python.el will still be PEP8 compliant (correct me if I'm wrong). But the python.el does violate PEP8 because it does not provide way to customize this indentation behavior for closing brackets, right? Correct! Thanks for your consideration.