Hi Drew, thanks for helping > ;; if `markdown.el' is the file name: >> (require 'markdown) I have got a "markdown-mode.el" file but I didn’t find a "markdown-el" file. So if I understand you right, I have to put this in my init.el file: (require "markdown-mode) Am I right? Kind regards Gottfried Am 09.02.23 um 16:27 schrieb Drew Adams: >> Symbol's value as variable is void: markdown-mode-map > > If that's the correct variable for the keymap > you want, just make sure you load the file > that defines that variable (keymap) before > you try to use that variable > > ;; if `markdown.el' is the file name: > (require 'markdown) --