all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs and GNUstep again
@ 2011-08-22 19:27 Germán Arias
From: Germán Arias @ 2011-08-22 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

A couple of days ago, I compiled emacs with gnustep successfully. But
after update yesterday, I get errors again. So I suppose the problem is
in the changes in lisp files instead in my local changes. So I
reconfigure emacs with:

 ./configure --with-ns --enable-use-lisp-union-type

With this the compilation failed in:

nsfont.m: In function 'ns_otf_to_script':
nsfont.m:306:43: error: 'SYMBOL_NAME' undeclared (first use in this
function)
nsfont.m:306:43: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in
nsfont.m:306:36: error: expected ')' before 'LISP_MAKE_RVALUE'
nsfont.m:306:36: error: expected ')' before 'LISP_MAKE_RVALUE'
make[1]: *** [nsfont.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/german/Instalados/emacs/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

As I can see SYMBOL_NAME is defined in lisp.h and this file is included
in nsfont.m. So how I should interpret this error? Thanks.

* Re: Emacs and GNUstep again
@ 2011-08-23  2:47 ` Ken Raeburn
From: Ken Raeburn @ 2011-08-23  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Aug 22, 2011, at 15:27, Germán Arias wrote:
> nsfont.m: In function 'ns_otf_to_script':
> nsfont.m:306:43: error: 'SYMBOL_NAME' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

SYMBOL_NAME isn't followed by parens around an expression.  I think:

  SYMBOL_NAME XCDR ((script))

was supposed to be:

  SYMBOL_NAME (XCDR (script))

but I haven't got a Mac build tree set up at the moment to test it out before committing (nor do I know what that function is supposed to be doing)....

Ken

* Re: Emacs and GNUstep again
@ 2011-08-23 14:41   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-08-23 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Raeburn; +Cc: emacs-devel

Ken Raeburn <raeburn@raeburn.org> writes:

> SYMBOL_NAME isn't followed by parens around an expression.  I think:
>
>   SYMBOL_NAME XCDR ((script))
>
> was supposed to be:
>
>   SYMBOL_NAME (XCDR (script))
>
> but I haven't got a Mac build tree set up at the moment to test it out
> before committing (nor do I know what that function is supposed to be
> doing)....

Yes, it's clearly a typo.  I've changed it in the repository.

* Re: Emacs and GNUstep again
@ 2011-08-23 18:18     ` Germán Arias
From: Germán Arias @ 2011-08-23 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: Ken Raeburn, emacs-devel

On mar, 2011-08-23 at 10:41 -0400, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Ken Raeburn <raeburn@raeburn.org> writes:
>
> > SYMBOL_NAME isn't followed by parens around an expression.  I think:
> >
> >   SYMBOL_NAME XCDR ((script))
> >
> > was supposed to be:
> >
> >   SYMBOL_NAME (XCDR (script))
> >
> > but I haven't got a Mac build tree set up at the moment to test it out
> > before committing (nor do I know what that function is supposed to be
> > doing)....
>
> Yes, it's clearly a typo.  I've changed it in the repository.

This solve the problem. Thanks.